Senior Drupal Backend Developer
|years of work experience
|commits to Drupal Modules
|Public Sessions and Webinars
|Techincal blog posts
His contributed work on both our backend PHP API's as well as our automated headless Selenium testing was stellar and second to none.
Allan provided great insight to our projects and brought a certain level of patience and understanding during the development process as new and challenging changes came up during development.
February 2013 - Present
Promet Source — Senior Solutions Architect
- Built and maintained Drupal 6, 7, and 8 websites
- Developed technical requirements for client scenarios
- Estimated hours for proposed solutions
- Lead development teams of up to 7 team members
- Specialized in CiviCRM
- Managed and administered server configuration
- Pioneered automated workflows for continuous delivery on custom and Acquia platforms
- Led solutions architects, maintaining moral and momentum
- Innovated solutions in NodeJS and AngularJS.
- Built robust solutions for complicated problems
- Trained new and existing team members in best practices as well as advanced design pattern techniques
- Developed time saving Developer frameworks incorporating new technologies such as:
January 2012 - December 2012
AllPlayers.com — Drupal Developer
- Managed both Drupal 6 and Drupal 7.
- Worked closely with Drupal Commerce.
- Co-maintain modules GA-Services and Views Natural Sort.
- Built command line tools to help developers manage their development environment.
- Worked heavily with Selenium automated testing.
- Pioneered automated testing by helping transition over to newer testing technologies such as Behat and Mink.
- Produced company policy to have passing tests and test coverage before code could be submitted.
September 2011 - December 2011
Robert Half Technology — PHP Developer/Consultant
QuickSilver Interactive Group
- Developed a MVC style application using Zend Framework
- Create PDF reports suitable for printing.
- Used git for version control
October 2009 - May 2011
Distribion Inc. — PHP Developer, Lead QA Engineer
- Used knowledge of PHP 4.3 (and newer versions), JS, and Linux based command line tools to develop an online marketing material management software.
- Worked primarily with a Postgres 8.1 and 8.4.
- Solved or worked around severe architectural flaws in existing code and system structure using knowledge of programming design patterns.
- Developed features optimized for high traffic.
- Utilized svn.
- Trained employees in programming techniques, frameworks, and general help about the product.
- Used detailed knowledge of the product to consolidate several versions into a single master version.
- Pioneered a new department.
- Analyzed requirements documents to produce test plans.
- Wrote standards documents for coding and testing.
- Led company employees by producing new processes.
October 2009 - February 2010
DeVry University — Assistant Project Lead
Academic Success Center's Tutor Scheduling System
- Specialized in system usability.
- Used jQuery and various supporting plugins to produce a very sleek and new user interface.
- Designed the interface to make substantial use of AJAX for quick load times and implementation of caching.
- Created a PHP Model View Controller (MVC) framework to support the application.
- Made often decisions professionally and quickly.
- Managed communication between the team and the client.
- Produced and maintained requirements documents from client input
March 2009 - October 2010
HRSmart — Quality Assurance Engineer
- Specialized in automated testing using Selenium RC with the Selenium PHPUnit API.
- Wrote test cases, automated users, and minor load testing.
- Used development background to understand and expose potential security risks such as:
- SQL injection opportunities
- Cross-site scripting opportunities
- Badly written SQL queries
September 2008 - January 2009
Tribal DDB Dallas — Application Developer
- Extended Zend Framework to develop or modify new or existing creative media websites.
- Used various architectures to achieve needed performance and stability.
- Worked with very structured, large teams split into very specific roles to maximize productivity.
- Kept up with a swift time line.
- Used Subversion to collaborate code.
Kimberly Clark's Room A Day Giveaway
- Developed the PHP driven back end to a fully functional sweepstakes and instant win microsite that was optimized for high load.
- Used Zend Framework to communicate with an Oracle Database, validate registration data, maintain sessions, and provide user authentication.
- Developed a communication class for Flash using AMF PHP
- Used SOAP to call third party web services.
June 2005 - September 2008
Birdman Kustom Electronics — Computer Technician
Forney Chamber of Commerce - http://forneychamber.com
- Created an interface written in PHP and PERL that allowed users to search through a MySQL driven business directory.
- Used views for Drupal 5 to create an interactive calendar application.